“Luck is not a business model.” – Anthony Bourdain
I hope this finds you being too badass for society in general.
I’m still working on The Race, a serial horror/comedy that is published directly to this site as I finish each chapter. You can start reading it here.
I’m not sure what I’m going to work on when The Race is done. The next Akon book? A sequel to Find > Fix > Finish? Something completely new? If you have a preference, let me know on Facebook or Twitter!
On to some badass stuff.
- I recently took a fantastic week-long trip to Arizona, where it was 117 degrees. Yes, it was dry, but it was also 117 degrees.
- I took one Give-N-Go undershirt and two pairs of underwear from Ex Officio, and they were the most comfortable items I packed.
- Didn’t they stink? No — just rinse them in the sink or shower with soap and water, roll them up in a towel and stomp on them, then hang them up. Within hours they’re good to go.
- They saved me packing space, discomfort, and I didn’t have to haul back a bunch of dirty underwear. Sold.
- If you’ve ever thought about writing or want to check out software that will help you unleash the words you want to get out — fiction, journals, raps, screenplays, poems, whatever — I highly recommend Scrivener.
- It is simple to use, scales to whatever level of order and chaos you prefer, and outputs to a bunch of formats (Word, PDF, Kindle, ePub, etc.).
- It’s the best $40 I’ve spent when it comes to writing.
- A moody, intense crime film starring Tom Hardy:
- “Bob Saginowski finds himself at the center of a robbery gone awry and entwined in an investigation that digs deep into the neighborhood’s past where friends, families, and foes all work together to make a living – no matter the cost.”
- Matthias Schoenaerts is riveting as a villain.
- The ending is phenomenal.
- This is an exercise for training to chop wood. Just kidding. It’s an exercise for your “core,” and I’ve noticed greater stability and less back pain since implementing it.
- The dude in the video has a great accent and the screenshot is good for a laugh.
Be badass in all you do.
Until next time,